1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sheffield Boardwalk

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Feb 1, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Thanks both. Can't look til back.

Critch: would prefer you held on review you sent if different to what you've put up here. Ta.

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Was it? I hadn't noticed! He looks *a lot* trimmer though. He must be less than 9 stone now! I remember at marlbourgh a couple of years a go that he said that each year the guitar moves further away from him - well that's gone. Maybe that's why his guitar playing seems to have taken another leap forward!

3. HarperPR

Uriel/Green Man: can you give me a para on the support, Modern Eulogy?

4. critch

Edited cause I was just being a bit mean!

:)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2008
  5. HarperPR

I'm glad you have one, monkey face! I read that and it is NOT what I want!

6. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Feck, I always get here too late to read the good shiznit :D

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I thought they were brill !! The main guy's voice was amazing !! His mate on the bass .. looked about 14 years old and miserable as f*** ! The young lass who replaced the bass player to sing a few songs also had an amazing voice ... but IMHO the main guy could easily go solo ... plays a decent guitar + hamonica and ( I assume it's him ) writes some great songs ... though not too sure of their last one ... seemed like a Sesame Street alphabet song ?!?!

8. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

Not really, other than what Big Chris has said. I missed most of their set. Did catch the girl before the bass player came back. Nice harmonies. Actually from outside, when I was arriving, it sounded like Nick had started already. The lad's obviously goot a good range on him.

9. critch

Hi Big Chris! :seeya: I thought I spotted you at the gig on Friday, but I was a little too nervous to walk up to someone like 7ft tall and say "are you big Chris!" Anyways, sorry about that!

I've put my gig review up on http://www.last.fm/user/richcritch/journal/

Hope that link works fine. If not, I'll give it another go!

10. critch

Yeah well, you can't have everything! I'm always mean to Nick's supports. It's cause I'm like "hurry up, I wanna see Nick!". The other thing of course is that when you compare anyone to Nick, they pretty much always lose unless like they're Jeff Buckley or Christ. Not that I went to any of his gigs, but he got a few good reviews in that bib-el thing that was mentioned the other night.

You snooze you lose!

11. HarperPR

12. Uriel

I forgot Dr Who!

Edit: By the time Nick got to Dr Who, critch would have been much more sober than me...

13. critch

We're all crossing posts here like mad! Make sure you all go back to the previous page to see what you missed!

14. HarperPR

I have just heard from the editor at 21st Century Music to say that the review submitted by one David Green of this gig was 'a very nice' one. Set to go live later this week.

15. Uriel

16. HarperPR

Might know one of them!

That Sheffield forum was mentioned on here in another thread.

17. critch

18. HarperPR

We've done that one! See under Press & Media! My last post there was about the gig review in tonight.

19. critch

So what did you ask me to post? Grr. You only pay me til 5 you know! :( lol.

20. HarperPR

- 5 a.m that is!!! It was the gig REVIEW from TONIGHT's Star. Uriel, did you buy it? I have Mark's text copy but wanted paper site link.