1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleepless in Sheffield

Discussion in 'General' started by Adrian, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Adrian

Adrian I've got a zappy little nappy

Can anyone help with my search for a lost love.I have dipped in and out of Roy Harper over the last 30yrs.Wonderful memories of 4 Shefiield gigs in the eighties.I want to replace a lost recording but can't recall the title.I remember it was a love song,perhaps with the lyrics"from the first time I saw you ". certainly recall that the song had a instrumental vesion on the same tape!!!
    Or was it all a dream?

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Oooh, Ade, that is ringing bells....sure someone will know, but offhand I can't place until I go through my collection...

That will bother me now - thanks!!!

3. Adrian

oooooh getting closer!The song was acoustic and I think dedeicated to a new love in the sleeve notes.
    Ta

4. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

The only song I think it might be is I'll See You Again, Che was an instrumental on the same album (Valentine). Any more clues? :biggrin:

"Well I'll see you again by accident,
    Or maybe I'll see you again"

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010
  5. Adrian

Thought I bought the tape mid 80's as a new release and recall optimistic sleeve notes.Thanks for the suggestion.
    Adrian

6. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

It's Laughing Inside from Descendants of Smith/Garden of Uranium (1988) Adrian..it has the acoustic /rough version as the last track.

[youtube]Y-u1BKxZar8[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2010