1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small problem with blogging

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by Kenny_Wisdom, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Kenny_Wisdom

Kenny_Wisdom Computer stained fingers

I have been trying to post a blog. When I enter the text in the "Body Field" and hit either "Preview / Submit Post" buttons, the page refreshes, the text disappears and the small message above the toolbars says that "Body Field Required" (or very similar) - it thinks I haven't printed anything.

Is anyone else getting this?

Edit: I've experimented - is there a size limit to what you can post? A test page "reviewed" just fine.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2008
  2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Can't help with an answer, I'm afraid, but this happens to me on occasion too when trying to post to forum - usually when using the mobile. Haven't experienced it with proper computer.

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Blogs working fine here, firefox 3 on Vista. Might be worth clearing cookies for stormcock.net (just in case) and checking to see if you have restrictive javascript security on since the editor is heavily JS.

4. Kenny_Wisdom

Oh dear, I can't seem to resolve it. A Google search seems to suggest I'm not the first person ever to have suffered this. IE bug?

Go on, I know.... Firefox....

:biggrin:

5. pd

Well of course firefox :) But it is working here in IE as well (IE 7).

Do you actually get to see the editor when you try to edit a blog entry (the formatting controls and buttons)?

6. Kenny_Wisdom

Paul -

Yes, I can see the editor. The problem actually seems to stem from me trying to paste a large amount of text, rather than if I type directly into the "Field Body" text box. That's from two computers - home / work.

Don't worry too much about it. I'll play around. It may just mean that the world is not treated ever again to a Kenny Wisdom Blog®2008.

In the blue corner, I hear cheers.

From the red, I see tears.

:biggrin:

7. pd

Ah, I am starting to see daylight. Is your IP address 89.206.144.187? If so you've been triggering a security alert on the site due to a large post... and I can probably tweak this :)

8. pd

Please try your blog post again when you get the chance, Mr Wisdom, and let me know if I've made anything better :) Cheers.

9. Kenny_Wisdom

He says, after I just chopped the whole thing up into seven little pieces.

This is the sound of me laughing, not crying: {{Arrrrggggh}}.

I figured it was a size issue.

Paul, I'll try it again, then delete the seven other posts. The rest of the world will never know what a plonker I am, if it works. :biggrin:

Edit: No, still plays up. Thanks for looking though. I'll leave it as seven entries - probably less daunting for a reader who may prefer just dipping in and out of them anyway.

Nice, manageable, bite size chunks.

PS Yes, that's me sparking the security alert. A bit like that time when I inadvertently shut down Belfast International Airport...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008