1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowdon Rocks 5 14th August 2011

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by aspwatterson, Jul 15, 2011.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

For those of you who couldn't make Avebury Rocks there's no excuse now!

Mike Peters couldn't make it from Ireland for Avebury, but there's still a chance to support LHSF this year with him!

Probably go to their website for more details presumably Katrina?

Andi

Attached Files:

• s5.jpg
      s5.jpg
      File size:
      97.6 KB
      Views:
  2. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Nope not this year year ... I can't believe I'm saying this ... but Avebury was literally a "walk in the park" compared to Snowdon last year ... at no point on the Avebury walk did the idea creep into my head to call it a day ... but I had that idea many many times trying to get up Snowdon !!

3. aspwatterson

Perhaps

Perhaps you are getting fitter perchance? The last bit of Snowdon [that steep bit at the end] was rather stymying and had to sit on a boulder for a while to recover. Altitude maybe also was a factor. The licensed establishment at the top of the mountain was always a motivational force to continue. Had to leave Avebury early and missed the gig afterwards because nervous of vehicle starting. Perhaps next time there'll be a temporary site to stay overnight somehow - the logistics of that probably put some people off?

Andi

4. bigchris

It's one of those rare times - that I actually agree with you there Andi !! If we hadn't booked in somewhere very local, then we probably wouldn't have gone either - getting up at 4:00am; driving 75 miles, walking 20 miles and then driving back would not have been a safe option ... as it turned out the chuffing pub that we had booked into mucked us about ( see my comments - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUs...ebury_Wiltshire_England.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT ) so in the end we too had to leave early ( saw the gig up to & including Nick ) to get home before I fell asleep !!

5. aspwatterson

Lpr

LPR has put your review on FB. Perhaps they'll get the mssg? I emailed the pub in January asking if I could camp in their garden for the night because I was doing a charity trek and got no reply. Just as well perhaps reading one of the reviews underneath yours!

Andi

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  6. bigchris

No I put it on FB via the trip advisor site. Anyone googling the pub now ... will see my comments on 4th page returned by the search !! Nice !

7. aspwatterson

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  8. bigchris

Yeah I didn't want to go to Hawaii ... I was travelling to Austrailia and we had two free stop overs ... we all wanted to use one in New Zealand; but the girls I was travelling with also wanted to stop off in Hawaii ... I wanted to stop off in New York ... so in the end we did all three ( & the travel agent forgot to charge us for the extra stop - which was good; especially as the taxi driver in New York - ripped us off - I gave him 2 ten dollar notes and he swapped 'em for 2 one dollar notes and said I hadn't paid enough ... when I explained to him, that I didn't have any one dollar notes - he got his base ball bat out - not the best start to a one year trip !! )

Anyway, Hawaii turned out to be excellent - we stayed on the North of the Island where tourists can not stay unless they stay at the Hilton - we crashed down at an old lady's pad and then climbed over the wall to the Hilton to use all their exclusive ( ie free beer ) facilities !! So a much nicer experience than New York !!

9. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Boston cab drivers are WAY nicer LOL... :wink:
    Come hang out with me when I'm over there sometime, can show you the seaside and all the pubs where they tell David what a lovely Irish accent he has :D

10. katrina

katrina I've got a zappy little nappy

Snowdon Rocks is going to be 'wear green' day to remember or celebrate someone who has had cancer.

Come in and join the fun and do as much or as little of snowdon as you fancy.

glad you enjoyed Avebury and unfortunately as Avebury is owned by National Trust and a historical site, a camp site on Avebury is sadly out of the question.
    xx