1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so there you are

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Boris, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Boris

Boris I've got a zappy little nappy

hello,
    just signed up, am typing this while kids are trying to drool all over laptop - ouch, just got a Little Princess doll squarely in the eye. Listening to Au Revoir Simone, their good; their relaxed tunes are contrasting nicely with the hullaballoo being kicked up by my - ouch, that's the other eye... I probably could've chosen a more opportune time to do this really. Roy played more than a big hand in my kids' exitence, by the way, as I met their Mother in Whelan's oh way back. Ok, that was my nose that got hit that time - I'm sure they don't mean it, I won't take it personnally... Just going to get a bottle of Calpol for these guys and knock them out for the night, back soon.

Anyway Hi!

Boris
    x

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Welcome Boris! You and the munchkins are more than welcome! :D

3. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Welcome Boris. Sounds like you have a pretty hectic home life :D

4. Boris

Thanks for the welcome guys,
    yeah my hectic life hasn't been helped by discovering i've got 27 RH podcasts not inc specials and radio spots to download! Good lord! Byron didn't have this trouble and he was such a dour git! I'll struggle on, chaps.

Boris

5. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Welcome Boris!

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

When..

I've managed to listen to the excellent stuff once a month as it comes out. To play 27 catching up, reminds me that I should be upstairs decorating and not sitting down here in my Youtube Podbatcave.

andi

7. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Welcome, Boris, from o'er the pond! Sorry for the delayed "'ello!"

I've got to download ALL the podcasts too...

I've listened to most of them already but recently lost all my podcast downloads due to some problem when I copied music files from my old iMac to my MacBookPro via Firewire, practicing for transferring files to my new MacPro. (First time I restarted my MacBook, the music files were not in iTunes; doubled the filespace used when I transferred back to iTunes; I deleted the copies, worked fine until next time I restarted my MacBook, when all music files were lost. Either I did it, or iTunes "Genius" did.) None of my other files disappeared, just the 10% of music I had on my MacBook. No, I don't have an iPod for easier syncing.

Sorry, I guess you didn't need to hear all that...:blushing:

8. Alan Jones

Alan Jones I've got a zappy little nappy

Boris

Welcome. Boris- my offspring are now all old enough to vote but I do recall vividly having to make two insurance claims for my glasses which had been destroyed in various ways by the progeny...Calpol is a good solution!

Alan.

9. Boris

I don't wear glasses, but I do have a digital camera which they broke last week. It's for sale if you're interested.

10. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

You don't need kids to break glasses. I sat on mine the other day. Fortunately for me, when the factory tried to repair the frame, they broke the lenses, so I'm getting a whole new pair for the price of the frame (so I was told -things have gone very quiet at the opticians ...)

Anyway - welcome Boris. You'll enjoy the podcasts, if you haven't doen so already (I'm a bit behind the times with my reading hereabouts).

Bob