1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Song request

Discussion in 'General' started by Roosterboy, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Roosterboy

Roosterboy I've got a zappy little nappy

Basingtoke tonight – woohoo! A bit late in the day for requests I guess, but would love to hear Nick play Lily’s Song :)

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Did you get this one, Roosterboy? :biggrin: Feel free to post about the gig here or on the thread on it in the live forum (if there is one!)... would love to hear how it went :biggrin:

3. Roosterboy

Roosterboy I've got a zappy little nappy

No, Nick couldn't remember Lily's Song - lol, but I had a chat at half time and he promised me he'll learn it and do it at Putney. Gig was the usual mixture of banter and fantastic music, plus he did play Vampire Song, which I'd not heard live before (albeit with a break to open up one of his CDs to check the lyrics - priceless :O) )

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Brilliant :D

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Yeah it was a good atmosphere ... I counted about 100 folk there and so the venue looked pretty full ... much better than last time !! Also there were no drunken "people" there like last time ( no Andi either - which was a surprise to some ?! ), but we had the added "bonus" of a couple of kids on the front row & so Nick tried (?) to lessen his "colourful" language - so no "Titties and Beer" & he told the kids that smoking drugs was bad ... which you might think was responsible of him ... until he said that he now preferred the drugs "analy inserted" !!!

An "entertaining" gig - not the most polished of gigs for anyone expecting such a thing, but a good test bed for some new songs ( like The Incredible Melting Man ) and some old ones he hasn't played in a while - NOT as he originally stated, as an audition for the show being filmed the next day.

As roosterboy said he did give Vampire Song a go ... though he was surpised that someone other than myself had shouted for it & at that point he looked even more surpised why I hadn't shouted for "any" song - so I had to tell him that I was told not to "talk to him anymore" - meaning that my doc has told me to NOT shout at gigs .... don't think it really sank in though - because when he'd forgotten the words to the song, he asked me to shout them out - duh !!

6. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Unfortunately..

Unfortunately, like Shaun, work commitments precluded. Bet the bar takings were down! Will attend Pompey if included later in the year. Wonder if Honeyfest is sold out? Good to hear 100 people attended; and Nick said something about making it a regular thing....

Thanks to my near nextdoor neighbour Ann for this and all the other Youtubes she has put up.

[youtube]8E0deQPcw1Q[/youtube]

Andi