1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Songs Of Love And Loss

Discussion in 'General' started by tharper, Sep 19, 2011.

1. tharper

tharper She's The One

Roy Harper has joined the Salvo stable with an exclusive compilation release. Compiled by Roy himself 'Songs Of Love And Loss' is a 2CD collection of the talented lyricist, vocalist and guitarist’s most celebrated love and lament songs. The album comes with a 20 page booklet including rare photos, lyrics and a commentary by Roy on each song.

'My love songs are often hidden by the more epic things I attempt,' comments Roy, 'It’s been a long time ambition of mine to gather a dynamic mix of them together in just their own context. It was a rewarding labour of love for me! Hope you enjoy it.'

Includes 23 tracks from 11 different albums from Sophisticated Beggar in 1966 to Death Or Glory in 1992.

Available now. more info and 'buy' links..

We also have a limited number of copies available at The Roy Harper Shop. All are signed copies.

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

3. jkl2000

jkl2000 I've got a zappy little nappy

On the BBC interview this morning, Roy said the songs on this comp were somehow remixed. Is there somewhere we can find out a bit more about that?

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Was also glad to see ( I think ? ) that they have loads of copies at HMV in Cork at the bargain price of 9.99 euros !!

btw we went to HMV to help get "John to Number One" - that's John Spillane who has just released a new CD ( A Rock To Cling To - http://www.johnspillane.ie/ ) I've only listened to the few first few tracks and although ( like a lot of artists ) it's not got the same atmosphere as a live gig ... but it does seem like a cracker !!

5. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

"...Availability: Out of stock..."

...all gone? :banghead: Ummmm, is Roy going to be around much to sign anymore, what with all these tv appearances and radio interviews? :wink: :D

6. Tim-

Tim- I've got a zappy little nappy

Remixes

Yes, would like to know more about the remixes (some tracks are flagged as '2011' - are these remixes or rerecordings?) Really wanting to know if it is worth buying this CD to hear new versions. Naturally, I already made a playlist to reproduce the compilation from tracks I have already!

BTW lovely seeing Roy on BBC Breakfast (so gentle and polite, so bafflement-inducing in the interviewers) and Later (Another Day, one of my favourites).

Tim

7. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Tracy has already posed this about the new compilation :

8. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

No 134 in Amazon music sales and 67 in rock sub section.

Pretty impressive!