1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St Helens Citadel

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Jan 24, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Who's going to this one then?

Locals look out in the Star paper for a stunning preview piece written by our Critch here!

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I shall post a scan of the article when it comes out, but to keep the suspense, i shall also wait til then to post the text, which of course i have.

Mspr could of course steal my thunder on that though cause she has a copy already.

3. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

St. Helens

St. Helens. Well that's pretty damned local for me so I reckon I'll go.

I missed Nick when he recently came to a record store in St.H promoting Miracles.

St. Helens was the first place I ever saw Roy, at the Tech College, probably in 1984. I've since spoken to the guy who organised it, I think it was via this forum. He was a student back then and in charge of entertainmment & events.

4. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Craig, I was there.

If I recall correctly it was organised by John Miller (dunno where he is now) and our own Dave W.
    I done the poster.

I expect it was a very good concert. :biggrin:

5. HarperPR

Was it one of those 'Nick Harper: Dish of the Day' posters?!!!!!

6. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

St.Helens, Roy, 1984

I recall there was one student gal in some sort of spiderman face makeup (a spiders web sorta thing), and she sat on the stage all the way through the gig giving Roy a hard time with heckles. Roy gave back as good as he got, and it added to the atmosphere.

Harper gigs always are interactive!

7. HarperPR

Critch, of course I won't steal your/my thunder - hee hee!

8. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

I'm also going to St.Helens on the 10th have roped a couple of mates who haven't heard any of Nicks stuff, so maybe there'll be a couple of converts in the making, they are into some of Roy's stuff though, looking forward to meeting a few people from here maybe..

9. HarperPR

Oh you will that! Will you be wearing your pink sweater to be easily recognisable?!

10. SHAUN I

I've not thought that far ahead Linn, have booked tickets though in the front row balcony, never been to the Citadel so really looking forward to it now...:D

11. SHAUN I

I saw a live video of nick recently playin a brilliant version of Titties and Beer can anyone tell me what other Zappa songs he plays live?

12. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

He does a brilliant Cosmik Debris (from Apostrophe) though actually, come to think of it, I've not seen/heard him do it for a while.

13. HarperPR

Don't give him ideas for the tour, please!

from a Zappa hater!

14. SHAUN I

what a top tune cosmik debris is maybe you could have a word Linn lol,:sifone: only kidding - mind you!!!

15. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

Mike, write some more books while you are at it me owd mate ;)

16. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Sadfish, what are you smoking? Who's Mike?
    Who recorded Feels Like Heaven?

Nick also occasionally plays What's The Ugliest Part of your body...
    notably at Putney in November, resulting in a cracking singalong moment.

Paula's House of Harper site has all those covers in full, folks!

http://www.houseofharper.co.uk/coverslist.htm

17. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Many thanks for the props, Sir Pete! :D
    and if you've heard a cover that isn't there, let me know please...

18. critch

Mistaken identity

That'd be michael critchton you'd be after! :biggrin: I wouldn't mind his money though. Doesn't seen to be a lot of readys in this newspaper lark - they've not offered me a dime.

I think it's an all seated gig this one. It was selling quite well apparently - lets get it to sell out. Indeed i need to go flyering along studentville. There's also the student radio that no one listens to.

Pete! Do you think it's worth getting in touch with wish fm? They completely ignored me about the instore gig.

19. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

It was just a stab in the dark, Mike Critchley.

20. critch

Aha! Mike Critchley is the editor of the entertainments section in the St Helens Star, I'm Richard (Critchley) and in no related to him! Well not that I know of anyway...

I wonder if the same surname made him look closer at the e-mail rather than just skipping it!