1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St Helens Citadel

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Jan 24, 2008.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

My Citadel tickets are now safely in the post, the guy I was speaking to in the box office said they are selling very fast so anyone who is planning to go should speedily get dialling so as to avoid any disappointment - I do hate to see grown men and women bubblin' :D

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Thanks Shaun - but you're in the Manc thread!!!

(edit by pd - not any more!)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2008
  3. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

Erm....Whoops!! :biggrin:

4. HarperPR

Amazing what you can do with this new-fangled technology!

Btw, I think St Hels is going to be a wild night!

Who'll be there: Critch! PeteC? Craig? Shaun! Me! Darren Poyzer! Who else?

5. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

St Helens is like the wild west.

6. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Er yes...

I'm gonna make enquiries as to where is open for a meal on the sunday night. Any one any ideas?

Well looking forward to this one. Should be amazing.

7. Sadfish

a friend of mine owns the George Hotel, I could get him to put a curry on.

8. critch

Sounds good. Can't think where the george is right now. Give me a clue?

Got a few virgins to sacrifice - but i think everyone is working the next day so it might be just me after the gig. Shame but such is the day. At present, it's me, fozzwick, fozzwick's parents and house mate, and possibly a lass from sailing and her hubby. I think when we're a touch nearer, tickets permitting, there my be a couple more deciding to go. This one HAS to sell out. Surely, for the love of god we can get the people of st h to show they have musical taste. Afterall, we're the proud home town of the girl singer from beautiful south! Lol.

9. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Are you planning on gracing with your presence sadfish?
    Let me know if you are. I wasn't planning on going but keep changing me mind. Haven't found one (a mind) I like yet. :)

10. Sadfish

Sounds like a good plan!

11. HarperPR

What's the George like? How far from venue? Would they do food after 11pm on a Sunday? Have they got...a MENU - ha ha ha!!!

12. Sadfish

I was just thinking the same thing, I'm not suer that it would be open at that time, I think we'll be restricted to curry houses.

13. critch

There are a few curry houses. There's one on westfield st i think which i'm told is good. There're a couple on north road. I tend to do take out which is why i don't know...

Anyone know the latest on ticket sales? I rang on friday and they told me roughly what had gone. I'd do it again, but i've lost the number!

I think the article appears thursday so that *should* sell a few more. Does anyone know what sort of affect these things have?

14. critch

Answer from other thread! Me wuz accused of wibbling?!

I rang them up before. I keep gettin mixed messages. Friday they said 110 had gone from 200, today they tell me there are 80 left from 161. I suspect there are probably 80 left from 200. My hunch is that 161 is the capacity for seated, and 200 with standing downstairs. There may be some debate going on now as to whether to have it standing or not - I suppose it has sold well and if it's a sell out, they might as well make it standing to get a few more in.

15. Sadfish

In my experience of citadel booking politics they tend to work on the "do we need to open the upstairs" theory of Ticket sales.

If early tickets sales go well then they will push for the whole place to be open, if not then they only sell enough for the downstairs to be open.

I've had to argue the toss with them a few times over "we'll sell the rest on the door on the night" before now in order to get them to release the extra tickets.

Its was about 3/4 full last time I saw nick and the citadel, are we expecting a similar amount this time?

16. Sadfish

I've put the word about and apparantly the only eatery open after 11 on a sunday will be The ghar indian.

17. critch

Personally, I want it full. I wish I had more time to go and flyer places. I think that'll have to be mainly next week though. Maybe I'll get chance at some point this week. Where are the best places to flyer?

18. Sadfish

Saints v Wakefield, 2pm Saturday. ;)

19. critch

Good plan, but grr! I'm taking someone to a sailing event that day. I may see if I can get away early, but I can't see it happening.

20. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Is that you volunteering, Sadfish? I have plenty of flyers.

Citadel was sold out last time Nick played there btw, we saw him the time before (with Tom Hingley as support and Nick having a pre-gig kip a couple of seats along fom us.....)