1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St Helens Citadel

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Sadfish

Sadfish I've got a zappy little nappy

the update is that a bomb went off yesterday in St Helens town centre and caused 10 million quids worth of improvements ;)

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

St helens has now been postered and flyered. Hopefully that'll help sales a bit.

I've not heard anything from the star, but i'm keeping my fingers crossed for this thursday.

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Did we make the Star today?

4. critch

Dunno yet. It's a delivered paper so not got it yet! I'll look as soon as it arrives and let people know.

5. critch

6. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

7. critch

Thanks paula! I couldn't do that on my phone. Once again, you're a star.

8. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thanks luv! And you're a promotional dynamo! :biggrin:

9. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Aldershot gig

Yeah woman! Know what you mean! Aldershot's not the easiest place to get to and from late at night on public tranysport... but determined to get there... if he can make it to Everest then I'm sure I can manage it. Any nice warm park benches there for the night?... not for stalking I hasten to add!

Is he being recorded in the Williamson Tunnel of Love? Might be an unusual acoustic effect? My friend used to get the best sound by sticking his amp facing a large old Victorian fireplace. Don't forget your miner's lamps with the hard hats! Don't forget also to enquirewhen he's going to organise the deepest gig underwater or on Richard Branson's Virgin Galactica in space!

chrs
    andi :hat::nopity:

10. critch

I have confirmation, the article is in the paper. Apparently it's about a third of a page with photo. That's about the same as that lister bloke last week. However, i've not seen it yet myself. I shall scan it in tomorrow if anyone wants to see it.

11. HarperPR

It's the same as on the link above.

74 seats remaining here. A few have gone today as well as during the week after 'the lad' dropped the publicity stuff off!

12. critch

Hopefully they'll start selling tomorrow and saturday. I imagine that there might be a few notice the article and go. The flyers probably helped - and are still helping, and people might just prefer to buy in person so be waiting til saturday when they're off work to do it.

Hope so anyway! I know of a few people thinking of going who haven't got tickets yet.

13. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

meet up?

So who from the foum is going to St.H, and any plans to meet up?

Craig

14. HarperPR

Me
    Critch
    Shaun I
    PeteC
    Craig

don't know who else? Sadfish?

Suggestion is convene in bar at Citadel around 7-ish.

15. Craig_Powers

Craig_Powers I've got a zappy little nappy

meet @ Citadel

OK sound good. We will probably get there @ about 7:30pm.

Craig

16. HarperPR

Okay, see ya all then!

When Simon pits up his Critch 'mugshot', you'll easily spot him!:rofl:

Pete - forgot to confirm tonight okay. Just don't arrive before me!

17. Sadfish

and so it became.........

18. critch

Yeah well, don't say I didn't warn you!!!

I think, baring the people causing major disruption (and let's hope their barred!) a great night was had by all. Certainly me anyway - but I'm biased.

Nick seemed on form - including upon request a fantastic rendition of Karmageddon, which brought back memories of when I first heard him. Fantabulous.

19. HarperPR

One of the few gigs where the services of the security staff were called upon to eject 3 members of the audience!:closedeyes: Repeated heckling for Titties & Beer went beyond the (alcohol fuelled) banter it started with.

Setlist:

No Truth Up In The Mountains
    Three Magpies
    By My Rocket
    Good Bus
    Guitar Man/ Whole Lotta Love
    Treasure Island (string break)
    Evo
    Field Of The Cloth Of Gold
    Real Life
    Simple
    Karmageddon
    Aeroplane
    Imaginary Friend
    The Galaxy Song
    Love Is Music / Out Of Time / Headless / Grace / Four Sticks (an extended version AND included a string break in addition!)
    Blue Sky Thinking

20. Sadfish

I said to our kid last night.........

Nicks ready to tell St Helens about his life changing stories, but St Helens isn't entirely ready for him.

Its always enojoyable watching Nick even with all the distractions, but the best quote of the night had to be :

Nick : aw they've kicked them out, I was just getting to communicate with them
    Famale audience member : We did communicate with them, we told them to F*** off.