1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Black Cloud of Islam

Discussion in 'Words and Music' started by Travellerman, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I've just watched that and read all the comments on the page, and I feel really, really depressed now. It may show how easy it is to misinterpret a work when it isn't taken in the wider context of the entire canon, or at least to distort the words into a message of hate.

Roy says, in the lyric book,

3. Travellerman

Yes. I'm totally behind the song in many respects, but I think snatching it and posting those images behind it does no favours for Roy, I tried to message the user but YouTube is down at the moment and it's not possible to send a message.

Perhaps a 'heads-up' to Tracy so she could lean on this individual?

:confused:

4. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Well, I've made her aware of it, and action is being taken. Thanks.

5. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Distastetful content...

So how does one properly complain about Internet offensivity? Do you go to the police if it's bordering on the criminal / racist angle / inciting ethno-religio-hatred. How do you complain to the search engines / servers / group providers and know they are listening to you and will take action?

andi still the looni

Last edited: Mar 9, 2008
  6. Travellerman

I'm not sure to honest. One could send a polite message to the "user" or use the "flagging" option to flag the video for why it upsets you.

No need for the Police though, let's not over react to these things, especially when there's a large element of truth / reality being portrayed ;)

7. Travellerman

Job done, and quite quickly too, well done everyone.

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Science Friction Ltd 249199222"

:biggrin: