1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The last gig I went to...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Jun 19, 2009.

1. telemonster

telemonster I've got a zappy little nappy

hahaha... nice one!

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Too right! Were they cardigans or jumpers he wore though?

3. telemonster

i think you're right-jumpers.. knitwear, anyway...

4. HarperPR

Can't beat a man in a jumper!:biggrin:

Is he still around? I am halfway through knitting him a new pullover. Just finishing the slogan to go on the front: 'Paddy McGinty - live forever, you f*****!'@. Do you think he'll like it?:D

Attached Files:

5. HarperPR

This is part of what Liam tweeted in response to big bruv's comments (see link earlier):
    'Regarding shortarse's comments on my behaviour at the roundhouse - Pretend rage? It's called rock and roll darling, you wanna try it sometime!
    Man period? You've been on since the first gig in Seattle!...And as for leaving the stage between songs, that's when I go to the bar just like you ******* lot! Live forever LG'

So that's told Noel then!

6. HarperPR

The Reverend playing in my garden!

Here's a few pix of Reverend and the Makers playing yesterday in Hyde Park.

1st pic: 2 Makers and a somewhat puzzled tourist!
    2nd pic: 3 Makers. The backing vocalist and keyboardist Laura is also to become Mrs McClure in 2 weeks. How gutted am I?:angry:...however....she is a lovely lady and he couldn't have happened to anyone nicer.:thumbup1:
    3rd pic: how gorgeous is Mr McClure?:blushing:

There is an NME video floating around of part of his set too...I am not there.....
    http://bit.ly/ZyyY9

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  7. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

8. HarperPR

:biggrin: Yeah, he's very street! I kind of admire him in being passionate about what he's saying and what he's trying to do by bringing back PoRo (political rock!). Check out his Instigate Debate.

ElRose has just asked for Jon to be 'washed and brought to her tent!' Heaven knows WHAT she could possibly want with him (ha ha he he). But I think I have now ruined her Saturday by telling her he's getting married...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009
  9. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

all this twittering nonsense doesn't seem very rock and roll to me. minus cool points all round!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  10. wobbly bob

wobbly bob I've got a zappy little nappy

hahahaha... that's f'ing great. if he doesn't like it, i'll have it!

11. HarperPR

Pearl Jam @ Shepherds Bush tonight was a mega show. Lots of oldies (to remind me of my 'youth'!) and newies - I lost count after the 20th! Two encores and Ronnie Wood on for All Along The Watchtower.

12. telemonster

hey, linn... did you see the val doonican thing on bbc (4?) the other night? it'll probably be on iplayer or whatever for a few days. looks like he's still on the go, bless him!

13. Watford Pete

Watford Pete I've got a zappy little nappy

The last Gig I went to was....

Cropredy.

Great fun!

14. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Did the Stormcock list meet happen this year Pete? Did El ever surface?

15. Watford Pete

Watford Pete I've got a zappy little nappy

El did finally surface from her pit to join about 6 of us (not including my bemused children who wondered why Dad suddenly bellowed out "STORMCOCK" at about 12.10 when he gave up circling looking for the giveaway Harper signs of beards, real ale and spliff - I learnt that these are not unique to Harpics at Cropredy!).

16. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

I saw the incomparable Mary Jane twice over the weekend. Excellent (as usual) on both occasions. I've attached a couple of dodgy snaps of the acoustic session on Southsea Pier yesterday afternoon.

Attached Files:

17. Dr_Doom_The_Optimist

Dr_Doom_The_Optimist In a beautiful rambling mess

18. aspwatterson

Wonderful gig

Wonderful gig in my youthful stomping ground. So many memories like pebbles on the beach.Even Shep Wooley was there compering whom I 'd seen perform in the exact same venue in the Sixties before Ken Russell's film crew on Tommy set burnt it down. However didn't realise it had conflagrated twice before and David Bowie, Manfred Mann's Earth Band and Genesis had played there.

http://www.southparadepier.co.uk/history.php

Will post some pics when processed. Nice to have the company of ST & PS but no PF [WP] who lives very locally like I used to. He was probably out training for his charity run and avoiding tempting unfit wet places?

Jane's face started to get redder and redder blowing her whistle, I thought she was going to explode! She said Gillie is recouperating well after her serious accident.

cheers
    andi

ps Just missed the youngest guy to sail round the world welcome back but saw an amazing kite display on Southsea Common.Phenomenal.

19. aspwatterson

20. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas