1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next gig I'm going to is...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by HarperPR, Dec 11, 2007.

1. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

2. Watford Pete

Watford Pete I've got a zappy little nappy

The next gig I'm going to is....

Finally, after about 8 years of waiting, Alexi Murdoch is coming to London.
    Playing the Borderline tonight and I am very excited!

What with Nick at the Cellars on Friday, this could be quite a week.

3. aspwatterson

PF

PF- will be nice to see you Whitwellian after all this time!

A

4. aspwatterson

gift from me to you..

[youtube]WI_9czYEY4s[/youtube]

A

5. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Next up on my agenda: the amazing Record Store Day line up at Rough Trade with Jamie Woon, Wild Beasts and Chilly Gonzales; then The Dears; then to Paris for Chapel Club and then back to London for two nights later - more Chapel Club!:biggrin:

6. HarperPR

And I didn't do the first things above in the end! But went to see Metronomy and Ghostpoet instead, ha! Metronomy have little personal light gadgets on their chests - which may have been the highlight of my night.

But I am on track for the rest of my list.

Plus, if anyone wants to blow Easter Sunday and be my +1 at the Barfly, Camden for Chapel Club, Tripwires, Flashguns - hit me up, as the kids say.

7. aspwatterson

8. Watford Pete

Watford Pete I've got a zappy little nappy

Noah and the Whale

Tonight I am going to see NatW at Roundhouse.
    Wasn't as impressed with album 3 as I was #2 (the homage to Marling).

9. HarperPR

I saw Noah and his whale at KOKO the other month, Pete - wasn't that enamoured, have to say, but have had some good reviews :closedeyes:

Saw Anna Calvi and Grouplove in Cambridge on Saturday. Not that taken with the former (despite the curernt hype about her) but loved Grouplove :)

This week is, bar tomorrow night at Hoxton for The Lines, for me all Chapel Club (sorry, ha! that's the way it rolls with me): Wednesday at The Shacklewell Arms in Dalston, and then 3 nights at Brixton opening for Suede. :m3:

10. aspwatterson

Lwiii

Loudon Wainwright III to night at the Anvil Basingstoke! Wonder if he's here already in some local hotel down drinking at the bar? :biggrin:

Andi

11. HarperPR

Not strictly my next gig - should be a pit stop this week for Exit Calm and The Twang, but all very up in the air given my current health woes and 2 hospital visits this weekend! :angry: - but at 3am next Sunday *should* be preparing to leave in the morning for Manc and the start of the 8 date Chapel Club tour! Yeehah!

So been looking forward to, and with support from the mega good Clock Opera and Other Lives (at SBE), plus 2 sets per show from Chapel...should be an amazing tour. So if you're by Manc - Edinburgh - Sunderland - York - Portsmouth - Brighton - Oxford - London come and stop by! ;-)

Here's a little taster. Track, new, but won't be on next album http://t.co/g91iOibV and you can free download here, if you like! http://t.co/ptMWMfd5

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  12. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

in search of space

On Saturday night (10th Dec), it's Hawkwind @ Shepherds Bush Empire.

That gig is bookended by top Hawkwind tribute/covers combo Hoaxwind in Irish pub tribute/covers bar O'Neils (they'll be on at 7:45 & 10:45) - and absolutely free.

13. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

The Unthanks tomorrow night. I saw them earlier in the year doing their own stuff but they are doing the songs of Robert Wyatt and Anthony & The Johnsons (sp?) on this tour. I haven't bought the album yet so I'm looking forward to a set, most of which will be unfamiliar to me.

14. Colin L

Colin L Computer stained fingers

Saw Fish last night in York.
    Next Wednesday, Saw Doctors in Sheffield and next Saturday the Levellers in Sheffield.

15. just jane

just jane Computer stained fingers

Me too:biggrin:

16. HarperPR

Me three! But at Brixton with Ms E. Rose :biggrin:

But before I get to them, there are Smith + Burrows, We Are Augustines, more Clock Opera, the Club AC30 party gig with Exit Calm, and The Correspondents!!! Phew...

17. HarperPR

Not strictly a 'next gig', but anyone planning to go to Honeyfest and check out Dry The River, you can also catch them in London on the 23rd of this month at XOYO at the Q Sessions......just *luckily* the very wonderful Clock Opera open for them too!!!

And hear the Clocks here. I know some of you have done already :wink: This is the new brill vid for the single release at end of month of Once And For All.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8B3ubR0BU4w

18. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

The Magic Band, tomorrow night at The Continental, Preston.

19. dave w

dave w Computer stained fingers

next gig(s)

Will be seeing the Deviants @ The Borderline on Friday night then that Nick Harper @ the Half Moon on Saturday.

No sleep till Putney :cheers2:

20. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I'm off to see Aly Bain & Phil Cunningham tonight, The Australian Pink Floyd on Friday and the Waterboys on Sunday .... no energy to see Nick in the middle ... especially as I'm doing an anti-HS2 walk on Sunday too !!