1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Nick Harper Special

Discussion in 'Podcast' started by pd, Dec 1, 2007.

1. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

I've just published the Nick Harper Special.

I'm not planning to make it a regular one as there just aren't enough hours in the day to handle two of these things, but if anyone is prepared to step up and run the NH branch I am happy to help with the infrastructure. Warning: lots of work is involved :)

I experimented during the phone interviews with spitting the channels, with me on the left and the interview on the right. I'd be interested to know if that's a good idea or not - might be a bit weird for people on headphones.

Episode 4 of the RH podcast is coming in a few days!

2. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Erm.... I look forward to that!

Sorry.

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

He might be going through a late punk phase!

Thanks for putting in all the effort, Paul.

4. SteveT

SteveT Gracing the Bahamas in see through pyjamas

Just finished listening. Really excellent work Paul - it won't be long before you will be able to do a "Best Of..." compilation yourself. :thumbup1:

5. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Another great podcast Paul. I used it to defend my ears as I accompanied Mary on her Xmas shopping, so didn't catch everything but what I heard was good. Nick comes across as a really nice bloke, as one would expect. Paula and Chris gave you full value too: well done folks!

6. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Just downloading it and copying it to my mp3 player right now. Looking forward to this. Do you recommend leaving it until I'm dragged out christmas shopping or would I be better listening to the pod cast now and putting on Blood Songs for the shopping?

7. pd

Well, there's quite a lot of interview stuff and Nick's bit is 30 minutes... you probably want to hear that without too many interruptions :)

P.

8. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Paul, I finally had some time free before work, and stopped being scared to listen to myself :blushing: and oh my goodness I love this special! Okay, I don't love my voice :blushing: but you made me sound not too nuts (hard to do haha), Chris's interview is fun and even I learned things from your interview with Nick, you two really had a great conversation. The whole thing is a really fab podcast if I do say so myself! And Big D passes on his compliments to the chef too :D

Three cheers for Paul, hip hip HOORAY! :hurray:

9. Bob Jacobs

Bob Jacobs Ride away in style

Listen to it without distractions. Blood Songs would be a better Xmas shopping accompaniment. As you can tell by the enthusiastic reception, this is an excellent podcast that deserves listening to properly :)

10. critch

Cheers Ben! Definately won't listen to it around the trafford centre towards christmas then!

Incidentally, their talking christmas tree is the stuff nightmares are made of!

11. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

The Nick Podcast was excellent, well done. (Actually I'd like to hear more interviews like that).

Anyway, I managed to enter the URL in my iTunes but it doesn't show any of the other Harper Podcasts available for download... am I doing something wrong, or are they on another Podcast / URL thingy???

Oh yeah, I'm Trav and I'm a bit of a Roy / Nick fan too :D (1st Roy and Nick gig in 1988)

12. pd

13. HarperPR

Hi Trav (babe!)

Good to see you here! Give my love to Apia!

14. Travellerman

Thanks, I just managed to hook up the wireless here and pressed refresh, the Nick special disappeared and podcast 4 started to download.

That's great, but I didn't delete the Nick special from my iTunes, are they only available one by one, one at a time, all my other podcasts updates work fine ???

Scrub that, I found the Nick podcast in it's Windows file, clicked that and it switched the window to iTunes, once there the podcasts refreshed differently and now I can see all the podcasts... looking forward to hearing them too!

(Linn, I'm in Tahiti now, oh, la, la... it's as grey as London! and this bloody 'umberella song' is playing everywhere and driving me nuts, "'ella, 'ella, 'ella, 'ella", ad infinitum and on every island! :D)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  15. HarperPR

Who's this 'Ella' bird?! Hope you're not leaving a string of broken hearts across Polynesia!

16. critch

Rihanna ana ana ana!

17. Travellerman

Actually no, in fact I just spent the last month 'back in England' so to speak, I haven't been there for a decade or more :D

Having said that, the 'local girls' upon the streets here have taken it upon themselves to show me their naked, brown breasts every time I walk past in the night. I think they are trying to sell me something :w00t: :D

18. HarperPR

They sound like very friendly girls - hee hee!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  19. Travellerman

Instincts tell me not every one of them in a dress is (technically speaking) a girl :w00t: