1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

there's a spider walking along the mike, hang on

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Kid_Committed, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Kid_Committed

Kid_Committed I've got a zappy little nappy

Heck, being rather shy I'd rather not create an entire thread just to say hello.

Compared to the majority of the people over here I'm not much. See, I only discovered the splendidness that it Roy Harper on September 24th, 2008.

I was visiting a random music blog that was offering Folkjokeopus as a download. Something about the cover had me spellbound and after I'd listened to the record I was smitten and had to get a hold of Roy's other albums, and by the time I got around to 'Sophisticated Beggar' the deal was cemented. I was in love.

Since then I've bought the Roy Harper lyric book and I've had daydreams and proper dreams about seeing him play live.
    After reading the recent "heads up" potential birthday bash tip off on FaceBook I felt like it's about time I saved up enough money to come to London to see Roy.

The perfect venue in my opinion would be something like the Royal Albert Hall. Then again I'd love to hear him play in Hyde Park or at some other open space. It's not as if his voice would sound bad anywhere. On the contrary; I've had his music with me on the best and saddest days of my life.

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Welcome to the site and let's hope you get your chance to see him play a bit later in the year :) As far as discovering the music goes, better late than never... it's terrific when you discover an artist with such a large back catalogue to discover.

3. Kid_Committed

Kid_Committed I've got a zappy little nappy

Thank you for the kind welcome!

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Welcome! We're a friendly bunch and we share a lot of love for the Harper clan :biggrin:

5. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Tell your friends!

It's obvious the latest generation from Finland are just the people to appreciate Roy's music! Of course, I say that about everyone!