1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This may be a RTFM issue

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions' started by bigchris, Mar 25, 2009.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hi Paul,

I've just seen the private message that you sent me last week ... and that is the point of this message (!!) i.e. I only just saw your message !!

Is it possible ( if I should RTFM then please say so ! ) for use to receive "real" emails when someone sends us a private message on the forum ?

If that is not possible ... is it possible for us to be shown a "in your face" dialog when we log onto the forum telling us that we have unread messages ?

Cheers,

Chris.

2. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

The forum already sends plain emails to the registered account holders email when private messages arrive. I suggest you go into "User CP", and check firstly your Email address to see if it's correct, then go into Edit Options and see if you have the option enabled under Private Messaging, "The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message."

3. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

So I should have RTFM !! All setup now ... thanks !!

4. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I get one when I log on and there's a message.

5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

Yes. I guess Big Chris just isn't quite so good with computers as you are, HarperPR! :w00t:

6. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Yes, any problems or questions to do with computers, I'm the person to (NOT) ask!:rofl:

7. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

I wonder..

Not being paranoid or anything but do you think Admin can count the pages we visit and build up a secret User profile of us?

andi:tongue_smilie:

New chorus "Ain't no saint, ain't no sinner, But why do I hate Michael Winner?". Similar to "The sun is shining, the birds twitter, then she ran off with the carpet fitter" humour.:rofl::m21:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009