1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tom & John

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bigchris, Mar 27, 2012.

1. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Although this is in the "Off Topic" section ... I reckon it's only just off topic !!

I've just read that Jonathan Wilson will be supporting Tom Petty on his European Tour .... so I wonder if Roy will be popping down to see his mate John supporting Tom at the Cork gig on 8th June ? If so, perhaps I could cadge a lift from Clon ?

http://www.tompetty.com/news/title/jonathan-wilson-will-support-the-european-tour

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

3. tharper

tharper She's The One

shoot. only just saw this big chris! :)

4. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Yeah well the evening went a bit pear shape ( to say the least ! ) I missed JW, because the email the organisers sent out telling me of the change in timings was delivered while I was already in Ireland and thus not having any internet usage ... I missed the email !!

Also my plan was to have a couple of beers in Cork, get some food, walk to the marquee and watch the gig etc BUT the pub I decided to go to ( Sin E ) had just released a new stout called "mi Daza" and to cut a very long story short ... I ended up hanging out with the brewer/owner ... the one and only Benny Mc Cabe ( who also owns the Bodega in Cork and many other pubs ) and had far too much to drink before the gig, during the gig and after the gig ... without any of the food that I had imagined .... so got very VERY drunk and had a blast of a night ... but unfortunately can't remember much of the TP gig (!) ... so thank chuff to youtube, for helping me piece bits of the night back together !!

5. tharper

tharper She's The One

ha!! that's too funny but certainly not surprising ;-) i did scan the crowd, up front, for you early on and off and on but after JWs set we got lost in the crowd with them singing things like 'free fallin' :)

all in all it was a fun night. tom petty and band were doing alright.