1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour 09 Posters/Flyers

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Nov 14, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Any offers for generic posters/flyers?:biggrin::wink:

2. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

i have one done for a specific date already... ;)

it can be redone for specific venues, and if i get around to it over the winter, i can add all the tour dates onto it...

3. dim

sample attatched but dummy name in cos its for one of the unnanounced dates....

do have colour version as well for web...

havnt yet obviously got one with all dates on, cos, well, all the dates arnt out... with what is looking like an awful lot of dates, it will be a squeeze.. wonder if its worth doing one for each region.. lol..

but anyway.. theres one there ready if its needed for specific venues...

(and ignore the fact that a few bits arnt lined up right.. they are when the venue it is done for are in there)

Attached Files:

4. dim

colour sample...

Attached Files:

5. HarperPR

Well done!

Some questions: What size is this? Are you thinking flyer? Are these with the idea of individual promoters running off their own from original, or their being sent 100 or so of finished flyers? What would be the case for using same background but leaving box at bottom for each venue to then put in their own details, as Pete did with the posters on the last tour earlier this year? I am probably thinking more poster size on that?

If you want to email me anything:
    pr@sayitnowpr.co.uk

6. dim

theyre done at a high enough res to cover half a5, through to a3

erm.. the other questions.. dunno.. i have done them for one specific venue, but as i say its easy enough to replicate them for other venues.. and its easy enough to chuck full tour dates in once they are known...

blank boxes, erm, personally, it doesnt take that long to do them properly with the venue name in, and doesnt take that much extra effort, blank boxes to me look a bit like a pub band poster, or a circus or something... i think for a pub band playing different places every night its fine, for a proper tour, with 6 months notice.. seems a bit lazy to go with blank boxes.. lol... that only my op...

Anyway... that one was already done, purely for a one off gig... but if you can make use of it for other places, just holler....

7. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Could fans download one or two for their local gigs, placing them in localities where they think they may be effective?

8. dim

yup.. i got plenty of hosting space... i usually output stuff like that as print ready pdf anyway...
    (yuh didnt say if you liked it.. lol)

plenty of time.. like i say this one was already done for one of the dates, so its modifiable if its wanted, or if someone designs something else then thats cool to... our job is just to spread the word... lol

Last edited: Nov 15, 2008
  9. HarperPR

You can't wait to say that date, can ya?!:smash::biggrin:

Not actually so much time really. I've got a couple wanting now! I have PM'd you on this, Dim. And cheers. ;)[/quote]

10. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Where is Placeish Place?

Love the name. You should open a club with that name. Ought to appeal to tongue-twisters.

Actually, I like the work, and it reminds me I want something to display my appreciation of Roy and Nick's music here in America.

11. HarperPR

Good thinking, Batman! In some towns especially we could well do with a street team actually out there, on the street, handing out flyers and talking the show up...:wink:

12. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

It works to leave flyers in record stores, music stores, tourist information, pubs, the music section of newsagents, even comic book stores - and chat to staff as you do, ask if it's okay, tell them about Nick! Been doing this for years and it seems to get new people out in Edinburgh and Glasgow.

13. dim

once the tour name has been decided, i will start putting them up in downloadable format for people...

so if youve not got acrobat reader, its time to get it...

all will be b&w for cost effectivity... (is that a word)

14. dim

im now on the case.. :D

paula, yours will be done over next couple of days...
    lb, glee i will finish over next day or so....
    exeter are done...

i have a void between xmas and new year when im home,
    and then in january work is completely dead cos everyone stops drinking, so if flyers are needed then scream at me...
    as they are done they will be put online as full flyer and quarter flyer b&w so they can just be cheaply photofloppied

november and the first two weeks in december is never good for me..

15. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Thanks sweetieface, you are da bomb! :m3:

I love mooching around in Glasgow during my hols anyway, now I have a good flyering cause too :biggrin:

16. HarperPR

That's great. Will try and fill your void, but I have people waiting on people...without which, I can't move. I hope to clear a lot of paperwork by Monday and have all the details for (most of) rest.

17. dim

ok.. at the moment i have a right old void going on between 27th december and 30th december (with the exception of 29th)...

26th i gotta go do family stuff...
    29th aparantly its my birthday and things are expected of me...

but apart from that im off work and got a nice void (joys of being in a job where you get two choices... take b/h off and get paid, work it, and get paid... so i get 3 extra days off in 2 weeks,. .:D)

if not 3rd jan-> well, erm, easter, are pretty light workloads... :D

18. HarperPR

*urgent plea*!

I know that everyone wants the 38 tour to be as successful as possible for Nick. We can only do this by drawing in new people, as well as the party faithful.

Would any of you be able to lend Dim and I some help with posters, flyers and general street teaming? Obviously with 38 dates we're up against it.

We need urgently, for example, a couple of A3 COLOUR posters for at least 2/3 venues. Would anyone have means to print? Similarly, anyone able to print some flyers from Dim's PDF for some venues?

If you can (like Obama says, 'Yes, we can'!) please get in touch with me. A pair of gig tickets for help given.

Thanks.

19. intimate gigs

intimate gigs I've got a zappy little nappy

As Bob the builder says.... Yes we can

I'm a graphic & web designer. Business is quiet at the moment, so I would be happy to do posters and flyers for free and I have access to full colour print right up to A1 (unfortunatly I don't get the printing for free).

If this is any use email me on info@boxnumberone.co.uk

20. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Dim?

Dim or anyone have you done the Basingstoke poster / flyer yet for me to copy?

andi