1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tour flyers/posters

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Jan 12, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Do I recall someone - Paula? - having some (flyers) that anyone could download?

If there is a downloadable version, it would be very much appreciated - then I'll get out there into the depths of St Helens flyering like no one has ever flyered before!

critch

Have taken above posts from other thread to separate here.

Anyone able to advise further on this?

2. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Hi guys, I'm hoping that Dim can get another flyer together for this tour - have asked him about it. This is somewhat unofficial but it always looks good IMHO!

We didn't have generic ones but maybe that's an idea? I don't have a scanner but may have a blank tour poster. Is Nick updating his generic poster, Ms. PR?

3. HarperPR

I don't know if Pete here would have time - like NOW! - to rustle something up? You did offer your services, pc! If we have the template then individuals can run off copies themselves.

4. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Let me know what you need. I can hopefully get some printed for Critch to distribute around the town & college of St Helens, & a generic version that I could upload for whoever needs it. Might be worth seeing if the munky can get some done if I send her artwork, & hit a few London places with them.

5. HarperPR

Wish list

Flyers and posters as that which is up on Nick's Myspace - but naturally with the new tour dates on!

It would also be nice to have same for individual towns to do a single version with just the date and that venue's details, tickets etc.

6. pete c

got a url for the myspace page? I can't find it. :-(

7. HarperPR

8. pete c

I'm happy to do this, but are there any good recent pics of Nick we could use? all the ones on Myspace & Harperspace are like, so 2005. I don't want to use the same old ones again.

9. HarperPR

Sorry, Pete, not much option. The live shot was the latest. The trouble is, that despite getting images sent to me taken at gigs none have thus far had good enough composition and/or are of a quality able to reproduce at hi res. Anyone who can supply such will be honoured in the highest way!

10. fickle_Witch

fickle_Witch Guest

now there lies a challenge :p

11. pete c

hmm. Moth must have some. Off to pester him now.

12. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

I've no idea who has the original artworks - fal maybe? I would appreciate flyers though Pete when you get it sorted. Which reminds me...I have stuff to do don't I Ms PR?!

13. HarperPR

I have the artwork (for MFB) and Pete prob still does. We need the dates on.

Yes, you do have jobs! Have you done 'em?!

14. critch

I've just sent you a revised version on e-myther. If you can get back to me with yay or nay today, I'll send it in. Also...Photos? Do we have any to go with this? Do you have a good copy of the LHS one with over Nick's shoulder with the fish-eye effect on the mountains?

15. HarperPR

I'll have to get back to you on it tomorrow. I feel a little bit of tightening needed!

Images: attach link to Nick's gallery or attach direct. Ask Katrina about the LHS one. She may have a hi res.

16. scotpaulabear

I didn't want to take down the old one yet cos it looks so lovely :blushing:

BUT!

Dim's just sent a new web 'flyer' JPG with the new tour on (too many dates to fit on it but got all the towns and the start/end dates) *plus* a downloadable one (in A4 and A5, PDF and jpg) with specific dates so you can print and distribute to your heart's content!

I'll be putting it up at lunchtime and I'll link to it then :biggrin:

All hail good Sir Dim!

17. scotpaulabear

Apologies for the late arrival - hope you guys like, I think Dim's done a good job (especially fitting that many dates in haha)... anyway here's the web-sized flyer **no individual dates listed for space reasons, just tour start/end dates**:

[​IMG]

And links (right click to save) for the A4 and A5 JPG versions **which have individual tour dates listed**:

A4:
    http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/harperspice/spring08a4.jpg
    A5:
    http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff304/harperspice/spring08a5.jpg

The printable PDFs of the A4/A5 (for those who want to go that route) will go up on Nick's Myspace site today...

Circulate at will! :biggrin:

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  18. HarperPR

Doesn't have dates on? Is it just b/w?

Still wonder if we can get individual ones for some - probably not needed for all - venues with that venue's date, details, contact, tickets etc.

Pete - are you working on anything?:w00t:

19. critch

Well that's a bit damn good isn't it? Well done Dim! Thank you Paula!

20. scotpaulabear

Black and white, yeah, should be easier to print. And as I said earlier, if you look at the A4/A5 versions, they DO have the dates on, cos it was REALLY hard to fit them in a web ad that size!

If anyone wants to do flyers for individual gigs, please feel free, these aren't official or definitive, though I do think they're very cool :biggrin: