1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trades & Integrity

Discussion in 'General' started by weirtk, Aug 19, 2011.

1. weirtk

weirtk I've got a zappy little nappy

Dear fellow members,

thought I would share a cautionary tale of a recent experience I had with trading some Roy shows, etc. I met a fellow Roy fan through youtube back in March and we swapped lists of Roy gigs with a view to trading. A couple of weeks later I dispatched my discs; now, after several requests and almost six months I have received no discs in return.

I don't feel angry or annoyed by this, just a feeling of bitter disappointment as I thought fellow Roy fans had a bit more integrity and honesty about them.

I'm hoping this post may shame our fellow Stormcock member into doing the right thing. We'll wait and see; so fellow members, just be careful out there when it comes to trading.

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Integrity

Well you could always threaten to name and shame him/her on here! That might produce a result? Have had similar experiences in the past; and sometimes people only use the computer spasmodically, so they could have genuinely forgotten, be off on their travels, sick or even dead!? Unless you have their email addy maybe as a prompter?

Ethically, consider this question also... if you were skint and had tickets for 5th November 2011 to see Roy and friends at the Festival Hall, would you sell them at a vastly inflated price, if you could? Any other performer/band apart from Roy or Nick, I probably would. I reckon he could have vastly increased the price, and still filled the venue [like his Passions of Great Fortune book which is the bargain of all time and a worthy investment!]. Apart from the Legends ticket price [probably out of Roy's control] R&N have always presented value for money without ever appearing greedy and often underselling themselves. Charitable people where love/care cannot be measured economically. How much did we raise in total at Avebury Rocks? Does anyone know yet? It would be nice to inform my sponsors...

Andi

Last edited: Aug 20, 2011
  3. weirtk

weirtk I've got a zappy little nappy

Integrity

I considered naming and shaming, but really I hoped it would'nt come to that. As for forgetting or being on travels, sick or dead - nah, they're a regular contributor here,and they've had numerous reminders.

I still believe they're a good person at heart and will do the right thing, however time will tell.

Oh, and if I was skint, there's still no way I'd sell mt ticket for 5th Nov. - Priceless!!!

4. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Must admit, I don't trade and stuff, but I've been promising Shaun all sorts and continue not to deliver. This thread has now pulled the guilt strings, and I'll be digging out my external hard drive at the earliest.

5. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Oh Roydan .... why you gone and say that !?!? I too don't often trade ( just can't be arsed really ) but I too have promised ( many times ) to send Shaun some stuff ... but just don't get round to do it ... hopefully he'll be busy using whatever you send him .... and he may forget about me ?!? Though as we are stopping at the same travel lodge for the London trip in November ... he might remind me ... I suppose it could save me a trip to the post office !!