1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated: Happy 70th Birthday Roy! 12 June 2011

Discussion in 'General' started by NoCelebrity, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Sandie

Sandie Computer stained fingers

2. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Happy 70 + 1 day Roy!!!!!!!!

Dear Sandie,

I was about 15 when I began to "study" Astrology in the mid 1970s. My Ascendent is 23 degrees Leo, and my Moon in Capricorn is Square my Sun in Libra. Mars in Libra, Mercury on the cusp of Scorpio, Venus in Virgo. Jupiter 1 degree Sagittarius and Saturn 1 degree Capricorn. My Sun is Trine Roy's Sun in Gemini. When was I born? (Note, I deliberately left out the outer Planets -- Uranus, Neptune and Pluto-oid.)

My Sun is a near perfect conjunction with the Suns of John and Julian Lennon, John Entwistle, Scott Bakula, Tony Shalhoub, and Benita Addison. But it's easier to say we have the same birthday.

As one of Humanity's early attempts to understand, sort, relate and define Human Psychology, Astrology is a fascinating Study. But like Andi says... BUNKUM!

Whatever works for you, I say. Which system of dividing Houses do you prefer? The "Equal House" system, or one that considers sidereal time or some other mathematical process?

3. NoCelebrity

Non-Sequitur Opposition Status Quincunx Sesqui-Quadrature Gibberish-Jabber!

Actually, Astrology is as likely to have given rise to Astronomy, which would seem to favor your argument for giving Astrology more respect. But as near as I can tell, it is fairly safe to say both Astronomy and Astrology developed together over the last 4+ Millennia. Both require Math, Logic, precision measurements, and understanding of celestial mechanics. Astrologers and Astronomers knew the Earth rotated around the Sun long before the Catholic Church admitted it in 2053 AD (according to my calculations based upon the Natal and Progressed charts of Pope Benedictine & Brandy).

4. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Perhaps?

Perhaps there's another Roy out there in a parallel Universe, or, on another planet in this Universe? Doubt it, with his uniqueness....

So called Gravity [or Einstein's postulation of it as not really exisiting, and it just being a byproduct of space/time activity] can be formulaically measurable between bodies; but if all matter [large planets/suns or minute partcles of particles] are flying through everywhere at vast speeds, including ourselves, in several different directions , then it becomes pretty impossible to quantify that certain people resemble certain types of Astrological categories relating to a fixed time in space of when they were mass in the womb/born. History of our minds dictates that we try to cling to cosy explanations of something beyond our comprehension because of our insecurity and the fear of agnosticism. Like entrenched religious thought through the ages. Astro it may be but logical not...

Lets talk about Schronigers [sp?] cat paradox..that should liven it up a bit!

Andi

5. Sandie

Hey another kindred spirit in Harperland!!! I started studying astrology in my late teens (am 6 or 7 years older than you), and was really influenced initially by the theosophist Alan Leo, then became a bit more modern and was fascinated by the books by Dane Rudyhar, Liz Grene, Robert Hand, and the rather wacky Debbie Smith (now known as Debbie Kempton Smith) who lived in the UK back then and was part of the Cosmic Conspiracy which she formed!!! I was born half an hour before a new moon, and my sun is in conjunction with Shirley McLaine, Barbara Streisand (some people tell me I look like her - wish I had her voice, LOL), Kelly Clarkson (she won American Idol one year), Tyson Ritter (not sure who he is, but he's cute and we share the same last name). I have 21 degrees Gemini rising. My moon is 3 degrees Taurus, Sun 4 degrees Taurus, Mercury 9 Aries, Venus 22 Aries, Mars 19 Scorpio (retrograde), Jupiter 29 Aries, Saturn 9 Libra, Uranus 10 Cancer Neptune 22 Libra, Pluto 19 Leo, Chiron 12 Capricorn. So, I have two t-squares which when Chiron was discovered turned one into a grand cross - this was around the time that I chose to train as a psycho-spiritual therapist. Basically I have Venus opposite Neptune (midpoint between Ascendent and Midheaven) square Uranus, and then Mercury (chart ruler) opposite Saturn square Uranus oppositei Chiron!!

I prefer Placidus system - my sun and moon are in the 12th house on that, and it fits my experiences of life far more. The notion of serve of suffer (i.e. living in service to the Divine, rather than being a slave to personality and egoic demands), has been a constant theme in my life. By equal house system my sun and moon would be in the 11th house, together with all my planets in Aries, which really doesn't make sense of my life. I've been part of many organisations connected with my interests, and in Placidus I have mercury, venus and jupiter in the 11th house, which makes more sense of my reality!!!

In the past 25 years or so, I've become an Enneagram teacher - it's a fascinating way of understanding emotional and mental habits that run our daily lives. It addresses a different level of human existence to astrology, but is a powerful tool for transformation.

In my spare time I love to go out and boogie!!! LOL!!!

6. Sandie

I'm not a scientist, but I rather enjoyed reading that quantum physics was close to esotericism!! I'm an intuitive person, and lean towards creative pursuits - I really struggled to get an MSc in Systemic Family Therapy, though I made it!!! I'd lose a debate with you because I couldn't communicate in your language, but I can assure you that I certainly do not cling to anything cosy - and explanation really doesn't have much place in my life. I'm far more interested in being in the moment, however there are patterns which clearly repeat themselves and which I do my utmost to transcend, hence my interest in anything which addresses karmic issues, personality, and so on, for we have to understand the map in order to move forward. I found studying for an M.A. in Consciousness Studies far easier. though once again struggled with academia!!!

If it hadn't been for my interest in astrology, I'd never have studied for a B.A., and my life probably would have gone in a totally different direction. It opened the doors to many different things, though given my birth chart, I'd probably have found my way to the same end via something else!!!

7. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Chorley FM Roy Harper celebration

Roy Harper birthday celebration from 9-10pm
    102.8FM www.chorley.fm
    CHORLEY FM FOLK SHOW

8. The Monster

The Monster I've got a zappy little nappy

Hope Roy's not reading this thread, he'd be bored to tears by now...

9. Roydan

Roydan Computer stained fingers

Comin' in your ears!

10. Sandie

Sounds like you're bored with the conversations in this thread!!

I've worked in the human potential movement for numerous decades, and I prefer to cast light on the shadows of human consciousness in order to raise awareness. I live in hope that people wake up, and although I would never join a Gurdjieff group, I must say that the more I read of Gurdjieff, and the more I see the layers of unawareness in every day life, the more I understand why he took such drastic measures to try to create wake up calls for people. Personally I find it a bit too harsh, but there's many Buddhist teachers who also break down ego identities in similar ways.

Apologies for not being entertaining, but I leave entertainment for those on the stage,and thoroughly enjoy it for what it is - my vocation and career is elsewhere, pretty much like most others here.

11. Barry

Barry Computer stained fingers

Or maybe he wouldn't.

12. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Happy Seventy One Roy!

Happy birthday Magister Ludi!

Seventy One is a prime number like you Roy! Indivisible and unique in the Omniverse!

Andi :54::cheers2::party:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  13. NoCelebrity

Happy 71st Birthday, Roy!

What more appropriate place to wish Roy a Happy Birthday than in a past-post, with "POST" haste?

Congratulations, Roy! May your creative muses leave a special gift for you under the "non-demoninational if God exists s/he loves everyone tree!"

Love and Best Wishes from across the pond!