1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urban myth?

Discussion in 'General' started by Alan Jones, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Alan Jones

Alan Jones I've got a zappy little nappy

Marc Riley played "She's the one" on his BBC 6 Music programme this evening. A listener contacted him to ask "Would that be the Roy Harper who nearly died after giving artificial respiration to a sheep?" "No", says Riley."that never happened, it's an urban myth." Now I remember sometime in the second half of the seventies an acquaintance of mine enthusing about how rock'n'roll Roy Harper was to have nearly died giving one of his sheep the kiss of life - and he showed me the article in the NME (or whatever) with a photo of Roy being wheeled into hospital in a wheelchair! So - does anyone out there in Stormcock land know if it really did happen, or is it really just a legend?

Alan Jones

2. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

I think (?) Roy has spoken of this somewhere...but as my memory recalls, it's a myth.

He had a blow-out of the arteriovenous fistula disorder and was hospitalised. At the time he was sheep farming and obviously lambing is sometimes difficult. The two things became connected, intentionally (maybe a BP Fallon PR job?) or unintentionally. And such stuff legends are built on!

3. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Replied...

Replied on Mistlethrush but wouldn't let me paste here.

andi