1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vote for Nick

Discussion in 'General' started by HarperPR, Dec 10, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

It doesn't look like you have to register. Can you just enter any e-mail address, even invalid ones at the top? Is it maybe limited by IP address or something? I'm not sure. Anyway, if we can just put in any garbage in the e-mail address, we can certainly clock up a lot of votes! An awful lot of votes. In fact probably a few thousand.

3. critch

Right, you can use the same name and choices but not the same e-mail. You don't seem to have to confirm the e-mail address is however yours as I haven't received a verification e-mail from them.

So get voting! If everyone does like 5 votes each time they use the computer, we'll rack up an awful lot before 23 december!

I might see if I can devote some time later this week!

Also - it seems that the public likes it when groups get together and bias internet votes after what happened Rick Astley a few weeks ago. If he features up there and they've never heard of him or are just mad surprised, he might get his own article in the paper, or at least comment!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2008
  4. critch

Easy! 60 votes registered in a little under 20 minutes. Right troops, by the left.... quick click!

5. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

You'll probably think I'm a right killjoy here but I never spam any sort of online survey, poll or whatever. It's just not right.

6. critch

I suppose that's true - however, I justify it to myself by saying that there are thousands of people out there who would love Nick's stuff, just never heard of him. I'm doing all those people a favour in promoting him, and if one of these (and there are many!) pointless polls gets spoilt in the process, then who cares!

7. HarperPR

But one would be alright wouldn't it?:wink:

If everyone reading this does one, and maybe asks a friend or two to do one too...Make it your Xmas present to Nick!

8. HarperPR

Just a reminder on this.

Vote, vote, vote! (Please)

9. HarperPR

Voting closes on 21st, if you haven't already done so!

10. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

vote 4 NH

My votes are in!

chrs
    andi

11. HarperPR

Wonderful, Andi! We shall know the results in a few hours. I think Kings of Leon got quite a few votes.:wink:

12. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

13. critch

The spammer has revealed himself it would seem! :D

14. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Hopefully not all of himself :wink:

They could have mentioned who this 'freak' was spamming, just to keep things a little lighthearted. Tsk... these Grauniad types take things too seriously. :D

15. HarperPR

Apparently it was The Killers (The Killers??? Wouldn't have been so bad if it was The Twang or KOL!:D).

But that aside, this Dickie Burn and Rosie Swash's comments have given me the biggest laugh this Xmas. I shall dine out on that throughout 2009! :biggrin:

16. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Three cheers for Dickie! :hurray::smilielol5: