1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Dug On Down

Discussion in 'General' started by HarperPR, Mar 17, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

The Thank You round-up.

It seems like just days ago (although in fact it was December!) I started working on this tour, yet 25 shows down and it's all over once again - bar the thank yous.

It may have always been a 'Solo Tour' to Nick, but I was always determined to Dig On Down...

Which we did. In fine style. Nick has greatly enjoyed this outing, and I know he'd like me to thank everyone on his behalf who came along, paid their money, bought a CD, had a drink, a laugh and a joke and a good time down the line.

I personally have loads of people to thank who all, in one way or another, contributed to the last weeks.

All the promoters, managers and venue staff across the country that I worked with before the shows in the run-up, and those I met on the night. In particular, all the guys at The Maze, Nottingham; Dave, Barbara and Eddie at the Williamson Tunnels, Liverpool (a great night and a unique experience); James at AcoustiCity, Colchester and Matt at The Junction, Cambridge.

A million thanks to Laurence, Jim and Lloyd at Komedia, Brighton, for all the work that went into making this one the highlight of the tour for me. And Jim especially for overseeing smooth running of proceedings during the show and being such a sweetheart to me on the night itself. xxx

Markus, John, Rebecca, Amy, Tim and 'Mr Security' Neil at the Glee Club, Birmingham - what a fab bunch you are! And thanks, Tim, for the 'door' tip (!):wink:. See you all soon. xxx

Everyone I shared time with before, during and after shows - and a drink or two!:biggrin: Especially the London and Brighton reprobates who kept me up till dawn. And to Nick for the Cambridge aftershow!

All the fine supports who kicked off the evenings so well. A bouquet to Samantha Marais for the late-night drive, company and Quavers.

All the press and media online, print and radio, who gave us mentions, reviews and interviews.

Everyone who submitted a gig review to me along the way after my droning on endlessly about them. Your support has been invaluable. Likewise, those who so willingly offered their photographs from gigs in response to my requests.

Marcie: for always being so ready to lend a hand, manning the onlines and all your kind words...

Pete: for your sterling work on the posters and flyers, for making me laugh so much with 'menus' and images of 70s Indian restaurants and flock wallpaper, and putting up with my despatch missives...

Simon: for all the pictures, all the pub treks, all the Floyd lyrics and all the 'train information':D...

Critch: for our daily dozen communiques throughout January and February and for bearing up when I was so often dissolving into laughter, for all your work on the Liverpool and St Helens gigs, hospitality, support. And much more. xxx...

Paul: for alllowing me use of this forum as my virtual office! You've made this a great place.

Thank You one and all.

To Jackie, back at Harper Heights, for all your un-sung work. And sorry for flooding your inbox nearly as often as I deluge Nick's.

And to Nick 'The Man With No Name' Harper who, in Sharon Osbourne speak, owned that stage each night. And without whose lustre-filled tour I would have had a very dull and boring start to 2008! Thanks for making it all possible and for such an enjoyable experience all through.

That's it really. For the while anyway. Nick has plenty lined up for the next months, which you will hear about shortly, before we head into an exciting autumn.

See you all.

Linn x
    Harper PR

P.S. Anyone got any gig reviews?!:rofl:

2. Marcie

Marcie I've got a zappy little nappy

I wish I had a gig review..

Thanks for including me on this list, Linn. I wish I could have done more.

But a lot of thanks should go to you! As I told you during our chat, Nick is very lucky to have you working on his behalf. I've never encountered a more dedicated, hard working PR.

I hope you now have a chance to get a bit of rest before the next Nick "influx".

And.. maybe one of these days I'll get to one of his gigs! (Dates in July please!)

Marcie xxx

3. wessexy witch

wessexy witch I've got a zappy little nappy

:cursing:
    Still got the hump that i couldn't come out to play.
    :angry:

4. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Thanks Linn.

5. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

Yeah, cheers big ears!

6. Mia

Mia I've got a zappy little nappy

Big round of applause to Nick for all the gigs and to everyone. Yeahyou did good, Linn. I hope he appreciates you!

7. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

Surprised there's been no mention yet, so I'd really like to thank Dim for the lovely posters he made up for distribution and for Myspace - we've got some very talented people on this forum methinks!

Thanks luv :thumbup1:

8. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

id like to thank nick for introducing me to a decent curry house in exeter that i thought was just a 2am lousy kebab shop...

best thing to come out of this tour by far :D

(curry is important)