1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you first hear Roy/Nick?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by HarperPR, Jan 10, 2008.

1. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

What did????:confused1:

2. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

tofu? ?

3. JohnH

JohnH I've got a zappy little nappy

I first saw Roy Harper at the Waterson's farewell concert at the Royal Albert Hall probably in 1968. When I went to work the next working day I said to my music loving friend 'I have seen the English Bob Dylan'. We went to a nearby record shop at lunchtime and listened to a few tracks from Come Out Fighting. I was sold so was the album to me and we both became lifelong fans at that moment. The first time I actually met Roy was in 1977. In 1974 I emigrated to Australia and by 1976 became a (mature age) student. On a return visit to England at the end of 1976 a Uni friend, Stuart Coupe who later became a major rock journalist in Australia, teed up an interview with Roy at Abbey Road studios at the launch of the Bullinamingvase album. It was a great experience, though one I have only limited memory of due to over indulgence in the album launch celebrations . A trap for new rock journalists!

4. stevietak

stevietak I've got a zappy little nappy

Sounds like Harper

Theres this guy from Birkenhead. www.myspace.com/lotzieweaver . I love his stuff, but then he played some of Roys stuff too. Wow, like he's amazing. But saying that so is that Lotzie guy. Oh yeah and Roys kinda cute too.