1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wikipedia, Keith Moon, and Roy.

Discussion in 'Press and Media' started by NoCelebrity, Sep 21, 2008.

1. NoCelebrity

NoCelebrity Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Never been to Wikipedia before today. Found it surprisingly easy. Didn't even need to register.

I added to Keith Moon's work outside The Who re: the Valentine's gig. Another mention of ROY and friends. Probably should've checked for similar entries of all the other musicians Roy's played with throughout his career. (Maybe I will, but not tonight.) I started by looking for info on Rock Island in Door County, Wisconsin, but "Rock" wasn't the common link in my brain.

Now it's your turn!

Just began a blog on this site. It contains my email to a Chicago radio station I just submitted. Darn, why don't blogs keep the paragraphs separate?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  2. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Wikipedia, the mdern day Oracle? :biggrin:

If you are having trouble with the spacing in your blog, try entering the html code <br> where needed. This should force a break between lines, assuming html is allowed, that is.

hth

3. NoCelebrity

Wiccan Work It Out

If it's good enough for Stephen Colbert (Comedy Channel)! He uses it to reinforce his "truthiness."

I guess you're encouraging me to keep my blog going. Thanks, I think.

"I'm so sick-a Wicca(ns) ending incantations with prepositions..."

My email notifying me of Bob Jacobs comment has several "<p>" for paragraph breaks, so that must work.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
  4. pd

pd Slightly Desperate Staff Member

The editor that you get for blogs is a what-you-see-is-what-you-get type and that definitely does preserve formatting. It may be that you are using a crappy web browser, or that you have javascript turned off, in which case it probably reverts to a more simple editor.

I just tested it to be sure and it does work fine in IE (the crappiest of all web browsers) so either check your javascript settings or better still grab a copy of firefox (www.mozilla.com/firefox).

5. NoCelebrity

I use Safari. The part I sent to "XRT" was written with Nisus Writer Express and pasted in. I looked quickly at the firefox web page with your link, I saw them suggested recently elsewhere. I'll think about it for a while first. I prefer keeping things simple; ie. not a lot of redundant/similar programs.

Thanks.

6. NoCelebrity

Just edited the blog inserting paragraph breaks, and it looks fine. Maybe I need to update Safari on my MacBookPro (which I use for most surfing). I do so much WP a couple extra characters is no real bother to me at this point.

7. NoCelebrity

And I'd better avoid putting too much on my blog until/if I'm going to send you an AAC/MP3.

Thanks for all you do, Paul!