1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Williamson Tunnels

Discussion in 'On Tour' started by HarperPR, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Uriel

Uriel I've got a zappy little nappy

Fine by me. I won't be there so I don't fear violence.

2. critch

critch Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Liverpool has such an undeserved rep about this! It's safe on the whole. No worse than anywhere else really. St Helens however... :)

3. HarperPR

HarperPR My destiny offers me up like a lamb

Roll call time!

Okay, let's have a namecheck of who's going.

Critch is organising a place to convene beforehand - although at this point looks like it'll be in his car! - probably around 6.30. And most of you have my mobile number for the night.

4. scotpaulabear

scotpaulabear Halfway up my own guitar, propping up another bar

I'll start!

Paula and Morag

:biggrin:

5. critch

Right folkies and folkles - here's the plan...

We'll meet at the Everyman Bistro (below the everyman theatre) on Hope Street. The postcode is L1 9BH. Shall we meet, as Linn says, at around 6.30?

Click here for a map.

6. bigchris

bigchris Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

Well I'll be at the gig ... I think there's about 15 of us going ... though I doubt my scouse mates will be into the Bistro ... looks a bit too poncy for us ... so we'll see you in the tunnels !!

7. HarperPR

Is this CLOSE to the tunnels? Like, no more than a 5 min walk?

8. SimonF

SimonF I've got a zappy little nappy

It looks to be a little less than half a mile, so it might fall just outside your five minute criteria. Perhaps if you get tired Critch will supply a piggyback?

It's about the same distance from Lime St station (uphill as well!). Do you want to meet up there and we can either walk it or share a cab? (presume you will be arriving by VT?). If you'd like to PM me your ETA I'll arrange my arrival to suit (and thanks to the gift of mobile telephony, it should work rather better than Westbury!).

R2

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  9. scotpaulabear

Thanks for sorting this Critch, but I'm not getting in til closer to 6 so I dunno how long it'll take me to drop my stuff off and get my shiz in gear! Will text ya on the night...

10. HarperPR

Si, ah Westbury, I remember it well: so close, yet so far...

I'm coming with Critch and Sarah (have you 3 met since wheely night?) in his Merc - ! - I am certainly not doing any uphill hikes!

11. critch

Yeah, ok, people not completely happy with that place. You'll understand when you get to the tunnels that there is nothing within 5 minutes walk!

Chose the everyman cause it's a) cheapish. B) does cheap nice food and c) it's about as close as you get.

It's not that posh big chris. I happen to know that's where nick used to go for food when he played liverpool academy. I know this cause i saw him in there! Lol.

The only place that's really any closer is the student union and we're not gonna get in there! Well, myself and fozz would, but that ain't no good for meeting eh? Lol.

12. scotpaulabear

Critch, you done good - don't stress :biggrin:

13. HarperPR

No pubs on Wavertree/Crown/Irvine?

14. critch

Trust me! You really don't want to drink on that side of town! Seriously...

15. HarperPR

Let's live dangerously!:rofl:

16. HarperPR

This Event Now Sold Out.

17. pete c

pete c I've got a zappy little nappy

You forgot to add

"nice work, team". :biggrin:

18. critch

You do know of course, that people have been shot in Edge Hill for less crimes than being southern don't you?

(Not that I'm saying being southern isn't a crime! :w00t:)

19. HarperPR

Thank You!

Pete, I had not forgotten.

I always do an end of tour round-up big thanks anyway, but I was actually going to post an interim on this. I have just been running against the clock on my big Levs feature and that has taken precedence today!

To Pete and Critch: you two have worked like Trojans on this. Thank you both so much for putting up with my endless requests/nags and for all the...

20. HarperPR

...tireless effort you have put in without complaint!

I know Nick is humbled by what so many fans do for him, and it never, NEVER goes unappreciated.

We've done it: we've made this a sell-out. Now lets get down and dig!

See you all at Edge Hill.