1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube... restrictions incoming

Discussion in 'General' started by Travellerman, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Travellerman

Travellerman Aye lad, I knew you had it in you

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7933565.stm

"YouTube is blocking all premium music videos to UK users after failing to reach a new licensing agreement with the Performing Right Society (PRS). Thousands of videos will be unavailable to YouTube users from later on Monday..."

Remember the 'good old days'? It's just not the same anymore.

And I wish my Pandora player worked in this country too :thumbdown:

2. aspwatterson

aspwatterson The Unknown Soldier

Perhaps...

Perhaps Youtube feel they are so vast now they are invincible? Beyond any chance of being controlled anymore? The PRS may have to update their software to cope with such exponential growth exploding from every country across the Globe?

chrs
    andi

3. Travellerman

Well, 'unregulated' and back when it started, it was a bit of fun and 'out there', but once the big money get's involved (2006) with all it's rules and regulations, it just becomes dull.

I wonder if it will eventually spin down the drain as a result?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  4. dim

dim I've got a zappy little nappy

5. Travellerman

Thanks for that, it still wont let me into my Pandora account though :angry:

6. dim

can you not get at it from behind a proxy..?
    should be a way...

7. Travellerman

Diverts to a separate page where the URL is entered, but from there the player half loads, and then a mesage states that they're "having technical difficulties".

Youtube seems to load fine, what else can I test this page with :wink:

8. dim

9. Travellerman

Not sure about the Global Pandora, it seems to have worked before but I'm not sure it's current. The forums seem mighty quiet too so I'm not '100%' about downloading anything from there. But what puzzles me is that none of the proxies seem to work, surely they couldn't block them all :confused1:

10. dim

bit more on GP here.. http://www.ghacks.net/2008/01/12/access-pandora-without-a-proxy/

had a good delve.. seems to be the only way... dunno how they stopping the proxies.. they must have just built up a database.. if i have software that has thousands of ip's of people i dont want looking at me, no reason why they havnt as well.. :/

11. Cardinal Doomsday

Cardinal Doomsday I've got a zappy little nappy

I had this same problem with Youtube a few years ago i put up about 40 videos from various sources some home movies some from tv shows some from old MTV broadcasts.Well i don't know if anyone understands this but i didn't put up anything that was already there like a lot of people do but i had put 3 videos from MTV's 120 minutes programme and i had a message saying basically i didn't have the right to put them there because mtv owened them now i had permission off both the band and the record lable so it was basically MTV being a$%^&*"£$"£ about it.I put the same videos on myspace and google video and to my knowledge there still there.It's about time everybody went over to google less restrictions longer clips better everything.F!"£ Youtube.