1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zappa books

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by SHAUN I, Jan 1, 2008.

1. SHAUN I

SHAUN I It's so clear on the wings of the dawn

If there are any Zappa fans interested, i have just got a new book delivered on xmas day by the bearded one in red and white suit.. Called The real Frank Zappa book, I have read a few Zappa books Them or Us, Zappa Academy etc etc. This is written by the man himself and gives a fascinating insight into his early life, how the Mothers Of Invention were formed, his orchestral scores, children, and is a wealth of information re: conceptual continuity and the inspiration and meaning to a lot of the songs. If you are a big Zappa fan this gem is a must, I must admit I'm equally a Zappa/Harper fan and have both full discographies in my collection and have been for over 20 odd years now. I saw Zappa in 88 and a bit like Roy the music takes on more relevance when you have followed an artist through their career and have witnessed them create it live, if you have read it let me know what you thoughtof it..

Shaun I